Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shut It Down.

It seems each time we get to this poing the year spirals like a cyclone and in a matter of weeks Jesus will be a year older and the world will be a year older. We'll all get nostalgic and innovation will halt for tradition for just a minute and then it will be January. It is cold in January.

As my bank account gets real tight and there aren't enough hours in a day, I am reminded to take a few minutes and slow down. If you are going to wrap something up, you might as well put a bow on it. Today, I take a pause and reflect on my accomplishment from the past year. As I put together a list of goals for the next year, it is important that we look at what went well.

  • Jake and I moved in together. We live in a tiny beautiful apartment. We don't fight anymore than we did before and we've put the haters to shame. I come home to him sometimes laying on the couch covered in a blanket watching bad Netflix and I smile each time.
  • Jake and I got Girlfriend who just stopped chewing her nylabone to check up on me. Now she is making a bed out of the blankets I just folded on the coffee table. I wasn't sold on getting a dog and the first two months we hell but I can't imagine life without this sweet little girl.
  • I lost 30 pounds. It was expensive and exhausting and annoying but I lost 30 pounds. I will acknowledge that I didn't hit my goal set for myself in April of getting under my BMI but I also didn't let that derail me.
  • I started Jazzercise. Friday was my 150th class this year. I've maintained a 5 class a week schedule and rarely fallen off.
This reads a lot like one of those tacky letters you get in a Christmas card. The kind that list the vacations someone went on that is barely an aquintance and you don't care about but still read. Blogs are the new Christmas letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment