Monday, April 7, 2014

Cross It Off: Becoming Worldly

25. Get A Passport

Why did this make the list?

Here is something I am fairly unproud of: I grew up 20 minutes from the US/Mexico Border and have never been out of the country. I never took a quick trip to Tijuana when I was 16. I didn't study abroad in France. I haven't even taken the quick 5 hour drive up to Vancouver, BC.

The primary reason: not having a passport. Well, not visiting Tijuana was more I wasn't a rebellious teenager and less no passport but it still remains I have never visited a foreign country and the passport is a requirement to that make happen.

What did we do?
I am not going to bore you with how to get a passport. It isn't that hard but I had to do some serious planning. I am a coach by trade and I really had to use my toolkit to make this happen. My friend Amanda provided accountability on getting the picture taken and work Amanda helped make sure I got the paperwork filled out. I also had to do it pretty soon after I got my tax refund so I didn't spend the money I had set aside.

What did I learn?
Things are manageable if you just break them into little steps and that it feels pretty good to accomplish adult things.

No comments:

Post a Comment