Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tank Tops

I wanted to share a milestone with everyone that is kind of embarrassing. About a month ago, I was working out and I was really warm. Like uncomfortably hot. I kept thinking "I want to be able to work out in a tank top" but I told myself I couldn't wear a tank top and work out because I am not buff enough and my shoulders are too hairy and I am too pale. I told myself an ugly story.

Well, Jake and his Amanda and I went to the Adidas employee store and they had these workout tank tops that were cool and I said "Well, I will try this on because I need to see how much of a nightmare it will be" which is a terrible thing to tell yourself. I tried it on and it wasn't that bad so I bought it but thought "I will only wear this at home".

I tried it on and Jake said it looked good and I muttered something about it looking bad. And then I thought about it. I thought about it a lot actually and then, last Tuesday, I did the unthinkable and I WORE THE TANK TOP. And nothing happened. I didn't get any dirty looks and I didn't get any awkward compliments. I just wore a tank top and it wasn't a big deal and I felt so confident coming out of that work out that I needed to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment