Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Britney's Video Catalog Volume Twelve: Britney Jean

It is finally here. Britney takes the stage in less than 7 hours. I am writing this from my phone and in between lounging at the pool so I apologize for being brief but the videos for "Britney Jean" are surprisingly good especially since "Perfume" is not my favorite song. Who knew?

"Work Bitch"
Starts out really sexy. Very Vegas vibe with the dessert an the make up table. Britney just whipped a girl. Ouch. So many bulbous butts. I really love this dance pad in the desert. Brandon feels like everytime she is about to really start dancing (a la "Toxic" era) they cut away. Let the dance moves free. I love these neon "Bitch" signs. So subtly Vegas. This has moved into very S&M territory and Britney has risen to dom status. Another whipping! Now we are dancing on front of Planet Hollywood which isn't so subtly Vegas but it works. I hate the girl with the Beats Pill in her mouth as a ball gag. He eyes read abuse and not desire and that makes me feel weird. The sharks circling Britney is awesome but Brandon says it has been done effort which is sad. Why is she bringing a mannequin to the dessert? I love the choreographed arm pump move. Apparently Britney is riding an upside down pyramid pulled by leather bound ladies and blowing up several mannequins in the desert. Was she just wearing bell bottoms circa her "Sometimes" video?


"Perfume"
More desert scenery but this time is broke down Route 66 motels and some hot guy who looks a lot like her former manager/former boyfriend. It is a pretty video and Britney looks healthy. The whole song is a gratuitous ad for her perfume but man does it make a lot of appearances. Who still buys it? Apparently, her BF got a text from a lady and Britney found it. Oh no. Again she is driving when upset. So much sexual tension between the man and the other woman. Beers on the roof. Cars in the junk yard. Steamy pools. Saying fuck you to the world. Britney looks sexier than almost any other video in a lacy full coverage bra and her boyfriend's flannel with her boy shorts. I have watched this twice though and am confused about the resolution. Maybe I will ask tonight.



I am going to take a break from blogging until I return but you can look forward to my full concert recap and breakdown of my favorite and least favorite videos when I return. I will tell Britney you say "hi".

No comments:

Post a Comment