Monday, September 29, 2014

28 and 3/4 year Recap

It is hard to believe that my birthday is in just three months. That means Christmas is in less than three months. I have learned a lot about goal setting this year. Less long term goals and more short term and mid length. I also have done a lot of other things that weren't on this list that I never imagined I was going to do. Here is my 3/4 year recap in all of it's glory.

Complete
Hike in the desert
Email my grandma 4 times

Going
Write more, specifically in this blog (81/100)
Complete 200 Jazzercise classes (141/200)
  • I've struggled with motivation with this one specifically with August and September. Some of my Jazzercise buds recently moved and it is hard to want to go by myself. I need to do 20 classes each month which is totally doable.
Knit something other than a neck warmer
  • This one has been a long work in process. I know I will get it done I just need to knit a little bit each day
Teach Girlfriend 3 new tricks
  • Jake and I have taught her how to shake, switch, and lay down this year. I also taught her night-night which signals to get in her kennel. I would like to teach her one more before the end of the year.
Read 12 books (7/12)
  • This is a bit of an uphill battle but I know that if I put my mind to it, I can read 5 books in three months especially since it is rainy.
Watch all Disney animated movies (There are 53 counting Frozen.) (38/53)
Go to the opera/ballet/symphony
  • I just got cash from my friend Jenny to attend the Oregon Symphony playing Disney songs the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Mail cards to my mom, dad, brother, grandma and grandpa for their birthdays and Mother's/Father's day

Stalled
Get another tattoo
  • I know what I want to get. It is drawn and ready. I just need to scrape up the funds and I am hoping after my raise goes through that this is something I can do to celebrate.
Hit my goal weight
  • I have yo-yo'ed so much this year and I still need to shave 10 pounds to get there. It comes down to discipline and commitment and in this moment, I am not sure how much of either I have.
Camp with Jake more
  • We say we are going to go and then we don't. With so much going on, sometimes just planning one more thing seems like too much.
Run a race
  • Very similar to the opera, this is about money and wanting to spend it on other things. This is my third financial priority on this list. I did find a group on for a race on 10/19 but I need to see if it is still available when I get paid.
Write a children's story
  • This is going to be my October focus but I have put it off all year so who knows if it will really happen.
Put money in a savings account aside from my Christmas fund, possibly using the week in the year method
  • This is as simple as going down to the credit union and opening a savings account. Then, I just need to set up direct deposit and I will feel like I can check it off but it always seems paralyzing to do.

Stopped
Sell one thing on Etsy
  • I have a dream of just collecting some beautiful things and reselling them and not making much of a profit just kind of curating a collection and then finding a new home. This has always been my idea but it requires capital that I just don't have.
Go surfing
  • It is Fall and I chickened out on this one when I was home. I needed to buy a Groupon and I never did. I won't mark it as dead because miracles do come true but I am not sure this is one of them.
Do ten diamond push-ups successfully with perfect posture
  • This was too lofty of a goal. I am not going to mark it as dead because I could surprise myself but I am not sure I have the dedication or stamina to do that. 
Learn the foxtrot with my friend Kate
  • Kate had a baby and the studio we were going to go to is closed. The amount of coordination this requires is maybe not worth it.
Play in a soccer game
  • This biggest challenge here was finding an audience to play with. I didn't really want to join a rec team as I didn't really enjoy the last two rec teams I was on. I just kind of wanted to find a game in a field and play for like 15 minutes and be done. That isn't a great goal to have on this list.

Not Going to Happen
Save $300 in a Christmas fund
  • This has become a non-necessity because I am not going home for Christmas and Jake and I are planning to have a smaller spend this year. It would have been nice at the beginning of the year but it didn't happen and now it doesn't make sense.
Get my oil changed 4 times
  • I have only changed my oil once this year and I probably don't need to change it each month the rest of the year so mathematically this doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment