Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day Five in Canada: Homesick

In the past two days, we have really maxed out the city. We've seen pretty much every tourist attraction and see three drug deals. We have been to two breweries, at steamed buns in China town, took a ferry to a weird foodie island, tried to go to the Indo-Canadian part of town for samosas only to learn it disbanded, ate "Vancouver's Best Cheesecake", and went to a vintage store. At 2:00 PM today, we realized we had done it all which is a strange feeling. 

I also started to miss home at this point. Don't get me wrong. I think it is a healthy activity for a relationship to spent a few weeks a.year apart so you miss the other one. Same with my dog. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. What was really strange is  I kept thinking about how I was looking for copies of Portland neighborhoods in . I wanted to find Vancouver's Hawthorne and Mississippi which never materialized. In fact, the coolest stores hear sold things like Woodblock chocolate and Heart coffee and Alma caramel sauce. I just thought about how I would have rather been.shopping on Hawthorne with my mom than in this.city.

This is strange. Lately, I don't really like Portland much but now I can't wait to go home and see Jake and Girlfriend but also just my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment