Friday, May 30, 2014

Day Six in Canada: Bon Voyage

My first trip abroad is complete. I use abroad loosely as Canada is about 95% the same as America and the small differences throw you for a loop for a few days and then they are over.

We saw a lot of things as we always do and also spent a decent amount of time relaxing. We ate some good food and some mediocre food. I drank some good coffee and some Starbucks. What sticks most about this trip was getting to spend time with my parents. It is surprising to me how many people are so surprised at how I can travel for 6 days with my mom and dad and not kill someone. Sure, they get on my nerves but so does Jake and pretty much everyone else at some point. The ability to spend quality time together for more than just a day is something we really have had to work at especially given everything we have been through together. I will always remember this trip not because of Dill Pickle Doritos or using different money but because of the time my parents bought $31 worth of fish because we forgot about the metric system or the time my mom told the cashier her change was wrong because we forgot about $1 and $2 coins. It isn't that I went to Canada that was meaningful. It was that I experienced something completely new with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment