Saturday, May 17, 2014

Disney Movie Reflection: Tarzan

I watched this movie on the flight home from Florida having only slept for 4 hours from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM. The plane was loud but there was no one sitting between me and the other guy. I was also having a lot of feelings about leaving Florida and coming home. I was happy and sad and missed Jake but was having a great time.

So, to pass the time, I watched Tarzan. I like Phil Collins and I like Minnie Driver. I remember watching the movie some Christmas with my Grandma. I remember watching the Tarzan stage show and the men being half naked. What could go wrong?

Rosie O'Donnell could go wrong. I mean I like Rosie when I think of the Rosie show and Koosh balls and Tom Cruise being attractive but man does she do a terrible job of playing an adolescent male gorilla. Maybe it is the forced Bronx accent or maybe it is the lack of sleep.

The movie isn't the worst and it isn't the best. It is a sad metaphor about cultural imperialism and globalization.  Additionally, the villian whose name I will never remember looks too much like Gaston.

No comments:

Post a Comment