Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Book Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? (And Other Concerns)

I haven't read many funny celebrity books on how they see the world. You know those books that comedians write where it is somewhere between a memoir and stand up but it is in written form. Think Tina Fey's book and Nick Offerman's book and all of Chelsea Handler's books.

Mindy Kaling took my virginity and I loved it. I read "Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? (And Other Concerns)" in less than a week. I uncontrollably laughed out loud a few times to the point that Jake had to ask me what was so funny. It was relatable and over the top.

Additionally, it is the kind of book that jump starts you into reading. It is quick but smart and long enough to feel like an accomplishment but short enough for immediate gratification. It was the perfect book to jumpstart my Summer reading blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment