Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Half Year Update

At exactly half a year, I am not necessarily as far as I thought but I am happy with my progress so far. Here is my update:

Done
Doing
Stalled
Stopped

Write more, specifically in this blog
  • I am really proud of how often I am coming back here and updating. I am working to make sure there is a weekly topic I am writing about that involves a goal that requires more work. Right now, I am focusing on Wellness Wendesday as a way to track my current work on hitting my goal weight.

Sell one thing on Etsy
  • This is a hard one. Tribe Amanda says that I should just start simple by selling some cool vintage things and maybe make some greeting or post cards and some small leather goods and see what happens. That could be cool.
Save $300 in a Christmas fund
  • There isn't much money in the account right now and I am hoping that if I get a raise that I can just divert that but I haven't even opened the Savings account yet.
Get another tattoo
  • I thought about spending some rent money on getting a banner on either my tricep or my thigh that says "Be Brave". I kind of think that is an awesome story and that I want to do more of what I want and not have regrets. Who knows. Tomorrow is a new day. 
Go surfing
  • I don't even know.
One month no spending
  • Old news but I am planning to not spend money in August in prep for the big Vegas trip.
Hit my goal weight
  • This has been a yoyo so far this year. Right now, I am on track to be at my goal weight when I get to Vegas. You can learn more each Wednesday when I post about my health and weight.
Knit something other than a neck warmer
  • I still have the same 25% sitting in the same drawer since my quarter birthday post. Oops.
Complete 200 Jazzercise classes (113/200)
  • I'm still killing it here.
Learn to make sausage w/ casing
  • This was fun and I will never make sausage again because it is gross.
Teach Girlfriend 3 new tricks
  • So Girlfriend can "go night night" and "shake" and "switch" now (which is just shake with the other paw). I need to get Jake to make a video with me. 
Read 12 books (4/12)
  • So I am in the middle of a reading blitz right now to get caught back up but I am at 4/12 and will finish another tonight. I think I can possibly be back on track by the end of the summer. Fingers crossed.
Go to the opera/ballet/symphony
  • This isn't exciting to me anymore.
Eat rabbit
  • There was a perfect moment in Canada where they had rabbit at a tapas bar and my mom got really excited and had me order it so I could cross another thing off my list. It was the perfect moment to make it happen and rabbit tastes like lean and juicy chicken and I am really glad I didn't spend $40 on a whole rabbit.
Camp with Jake more
  • Summer is hear and we don't have any plans to do this anytime soon. I did buy a magazine about the best camping sites.
Watch all Disney animated movies (There are 53 counting Frozen.) (27/53)
  • I am staying on track and trying to not just fly though these with no rhyme or reason. I am also staying current on my posts for the most part.
Run a race
  • I didn't sign up for any of the $5 5ks. Oops. I am also not excited about this either.
Put money in a savings account aside from my Christmas fund, possibly using the week in the year method
  • I haven't done anything. I will mark this as complete if I can just open and account and divert a small portion of my direct deposit to the savings account. It is easy and terrifying.
Do ten diamond push-ups successfully with perfect posture
  • I stopped doing push ups because they are hard and I felt sad because I wasn't progressing like I wanted. 
Learn the foxtrot with my friend Kate
  • Nothing has been done.
Make some sort of fermented beverage
  • Done and posted about.
Email my grandma 4 times
  • I think I just have to email her one more time and can mark this off. 
Mail cards to my mom, dad, brother, grandma and grandpa for their birthdays and Mother's/Father's day
  • My mom got her mother's day card late but I sent it on time. My dad said on the phone that he was impressed because this was the first time his card came on time. Great. 
Get my oil changed 4 times
  • I need to do this ASAP.
Get a passport
  • Arrived.
Use my passport to leave the country
  • Used.
Write a children's story
  • Just floating ideas.
Play in a soccer game
  • Still nothing but I could probably get Jake's nieces and nephews in on this.
Hike in the desert
  • Nothing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment