Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fiftieth Post: Nothing

I'd like to talk about nothing. When life is filled with emails to answer, meetings to attend, meals to cook, calories to burn, dogs to walk, showers to take, students to cheer on, and clothes to put away, I start to fantasize about nothingness. He's an attractive companion on a Friday night especially when your lovely boyfriend is out with his best friend having tacos and margaritas.

Here is what I have done this evening since I got home from the gym:

  • Showered
  • I drove back to work to get my keys because I left them there.
  • I went to Taco Bell.
  • I ate the Taco Bell.
  • I watched Wheel of Fortune.
  • I walked the dog.
  • I ate a Skinny Cow (I somehow was really under my calories for the day)
  • I listened to 6 Disney songs on Pandora and I skipped Hakuna Matata. (Kiss the Girl is playing right now.)
My friend give me shit for not wanting to do anything on Fridays. I don't want to have happy hour or go dancing or have a fancy dinner. I want to eat out for about $6 and then come home and watch tv or read or watch a movie. I spend my entire week listening to people talk about their hopes, dreams and fears and then I came home and run around like a crazy person after going to the gym. If this was yesterday, this is what I would have done after the gym:
  • Cooked dinner
  • Walked dog
  • Made lunch for next day
  • Cleaned coffee pot and ground coffee for the next day
  • Made Jake's lunch (which isn't a requirement but if I am making food already I should just do it)
  • Made breakfast for the next day
  • Did all of the dishes for the four meals I just made which is usually done in three rounds
  • Laid out clothes for the next day and packed back pack
  • Eat a Skinny Cow
  • Take a shower (Notice how much farther this falls down the list.
  • Maybe read/watch TV for a half hour or so before I collapse
You see what nothing is so appealing. Just a little time to recharge and reflect. 

Also, I ended up consuming about 12 Disney songs writing this post. The best was "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan.

No comments:

Post a Comment