Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: Week 1

Eating healthy is really hard. You constantly have to think about what you are eating and what you are drinking. When I am not a calorie count fix, I just pile drive Coke into my face like nothing. Same with lattes and sweetened iced teas. And donuts from work. And cookies from work. And two pieces of cake in one day from the same party at work.

My most successful attempts at managing my weight involve me finding a couple of things I really like and sticking to them. Currently, we are on a Trader Joe's greek yogurt, Kashi bar, Kashi cookie, kale and chicken salad, overnight oatmeal kick. Things work great as long as I plan far in advance but the moment I run out of red onion early the world literally feels like it is going to collapse and I am going to die unless I eat Chipotle.

Food isn't just fuel for me. I love the flavors and texture. I love sweet and spicy and salty and sour. I look forward to going to bed so I can get up the next morning and eat again. Knowing I have a limited amount of calories that doesn't accommodate blueberry scones from Starbucks or Burgerville burgers and fries is stresssssssful. I'm doing good so far but I need to remember to ease up on myself a bit once a week especially on Fridays when I kill it with both walks to and from work and a gym workout. 

Similar to working out. I've been hitting it really hard since being home from Canada. So hard that I think I pulled a hamstring. I also overslept this morning which never happens unless my body really needs the rest. I was supposed to walk to and from work today but I needed the day off. I had an internal battle this morning but finally said that if I just stuck to my calories I could have a "lazy" day and just let these muscles rest up. At the end of the day, I feel really good about that. I don't want to push myself to breaking because 12 weeks is a long time and I need to look banging poolside in some short shorts this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment