Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Favorites and Milestones

What would 12/31 be without a reflective post of my favorite moments of 2014 as well as a selection of my top favorites from this year?

Ultimate 2014 Playlist
  1. Nirvana (Harry Fraud Remix) - Sam Smith
    • I loved Sam's debut album this year but this remix really stuck with before it's release. I can't wait for Sam to make an album that is all dance tracks.
  2. Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne) - Clean Bandit
    • I am not sure how this found its way to my iTunes but it did and then it got some radio play and some Jazzercise play but I really loved it on my Summer walks to work.
  3. Jealous (I Ain't With It) - Chromeo
    • Chromeo will always have a special place in my heart because of Jerome and this song reminds me of him. He would love it.
  4. Love Now (feat. All About She) - Calvin Harris
    • Calvin Harris' new album this year is one of my favorites and this song is stellar. I love his big dancey tracks with female vocals.
  5. Break Free (feat. Zedd) - Ariana Grande
    • I hate that this is on the list because Ariana Grande bugs me but I just really liked this song from the first time it played on the radio. I blame Zedd.
  6. Take Me Home (feat. Bebe Rexha) - Cash Cash
    • My friend Hillary showed me this song right before it became a Jazzercise song. I still really like it.
  7. Froot - Marina and the Diamonds
    • I got really into Marina and the Diamonds as we transtitioned from Summer to Fall and I build a whole playlist of sad dancy girl singers. Her last album was the star of the list but Jake was the one who brought this new track to my attention. It is weird and great.
  8. Dark Horse (feat. Juicy J) - Katy Perry
    • I blame this on my friend Sam who loved the music video when I went to Florida in late Winter at the beginning of the year. It grew on me and grew on my. I loved "Birthday" and "This Is How We Do" from this year as well but I decided "Dark Horse" would be Katy's contribution this year.
  9. Helen Keller (feat. Roxy & Richie Beretta) - Manila Luzon & Cazwell
    • I found this song somehow on Spotify and it is so weird that it kind of became something I loved. Drag queens and terrible queer rappers coming together to make a trash song that somehow I still laugh at.
  10. Do It Again - Royksopp & Robyn
    • Sweden rocks the house.
  11. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
    • It is a good song no matter how many times they play it and the fact that I can't build this playlist on Spotify because of it. It is just great and remind me of the pink suite we stayed in in Vegas.
  12. Feels Like Summer - Panama Summer
    • This song came up on a dance rock radio station on Spotify and I kept going back to it eventually buying it to put on my dad's annual CD.
  13. Jealous - Nick Jonas
    • Despite his pandering to gay dudes, Nick Jonas is kind of awesome. I love a squeeky clean pop star who goes dirty and makes awesome adult pop after making such songs as "Pom Poms" with his brothers,
  14. Neon Lights - Demi Lovato
    • It is just a good dance song not matter what you say. It is also a painful leg workout but I will never be sick of this song.
  15. Baby Don't Lie - Gwen Stefani
    • Gwen can do no wrong in my book and while this is a little bis slower than most people would like. It is a great bus ride track.
  16. Cook Kids - Echo Smith
    • This song instantly takes me back to the pool at Elara where I spend at least 10 of my 36 hours in Las Vegas. Not a very "Vegas" song but a great one all the same.
  17. Peaches - In The Valley Below
    • I heard this song driving home from Katy and TJ's on a hot summer night. I rarely listen to the radio anymore but I happened to be listening to some indie rock show on the local alternative station and I really liked this song.
  18. Chandelier - Sia
    • Most people love this song for the video but I just loved this song. Such a deep powerful dance ballad.
  19. Passenger - Britney Spears
    • I know that is is really just a robot singing but man do I love this song. I think I listened to it everyday as I road the elevetator up to work for the month of August.
  20. Say Something - A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
    • February is a hard month for all of us and when I got Winter sad I fixated on this song to the tune of replaying it for 30 minutes straight. 

Top 5 Things I Am Most Proud of in 2014
  1. Getting promoted at work (twice!) to a job with a salary that allows me to feel comfortable
  2. Visiting Chicago for my first business trip and adding a new state to my list of visited
  3. Jake finding us a house to move into and being able to get out of an apartment
  4. Getting my passport and visiting Canada for the first time with my Mom and Dads
  5. Hitting 200 Jazzercise classes

Top Ten Favorite Movies Released This Year:
  1. Guardians Of The Galaxy
  2. X-Men: Days of Future Past
  3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  4. The Skeleton Twins
  5. Big Hero 6
  6. Gone Girl
  7. Maleficent
  8. Bears
  9. Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
  10. Godzilla

Top 5 Funnest Parts of 2014
  1. My crazy Summer road trip to visit Vegas for the first time as an adult, see Britney Spears. hike the desert, go to Disneyland and eat rolled tacos on the beach with my parents
  2. Kate's Hair Metal Baby Shower
  3. Running the Ugly Sweater 5k with Jake and Jenny and beating the pants off of everyone else while looking amazing 
  4. Visiting all 4 Walt Disney Parks in 15 hours while visiting Florida
  5. My last minute trip home for cookie baking with my mom and grandparents and for cribbage playing and pizza eating with my dad

No comments:

Post a Comment