Sunday, December 28, 2014

Disney Movie Reflection: Frozen

I bought Frozen a year ago with a gift card to Target that I got for my birthday. I waited for weeks until the Bluray went on sale for as cheap as it would go. I just waited and waited and finally bought it.

And then it sat. In the plastic wrap. Just waiting.

Amanda Clem and I saw Frozen right when it first came out before Christmas. It was probably the second weekend it opened and the theater was pretty full and I wasn't sure if other people liked it. I left the theater excited and immediately downloaded "Let It Go".

And then they hype hit and you couldn't escape the storm. Not that I was mad about it because it was awesome to see Frozen represented in both trips I made to Disney parks. I just got more and more scared to watch the movie. I was scared it wouldn't be good enough.

So I saved it for second to last telling myself that I wanted to watch it close to Christmas since it is about snow (but it takes place in the Summer so really it is more of a Summer movie but never mind that). I watched it the morning after Christmas early on the couch with coffee and cinnamon rolls.

And it was as good as it was in theaters. I still got chills while Elsa builds her ice castle and Idina belts out her song. Anna's silliness was still laughable and Kristen continues to be perfect. I love Kristoff even more since I love Looking and Jonathan Groff.

The story takes the elements of the Lion King with rotating characters around a central cast. It is divided into distinct acts and the progress nicely. You have plenty of comedy but a truly heart felt story. Jake came in and watched the last 30 minutes and he thought Olaf was pretty funny so it definitely has something going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment