Saturday, February 1, 2014

Disney Movie Reflection: Chicken Little

I really liked Zach Braff when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I saw Garden State by myself a few days before I was supposed to leave for college and cried the whole time and then immediately went and bought the soundtrack on CD. So I remember being excited when Braff was going to do the voice for a new Disney movie. I had every intention of seeing it and then never did.

I didn't miss anything. The CD is early 2000s so it looks cheap and bubbly. The movie has way too many plot ideas going on merging the story of Chicken Little with War of the Worlds in an alternate world where animals live together. There are a lot of fart noise gags and an obese pig who is makes me uncomfortable.

This is the first movie I've watched from the dead zone of Disney animation between the early 90s hey day and between the recent ramp up starting with the Princess and the Frog. Hopefully, I'll find a diamond or two in the rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment