Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fantasia 2000, being busy, making it happen.

Not spending money is a constant theme of this month. It changes almost every dynamic and really refocuses you on what is important. This weekend is full of birthday parties. Four in total and it is a challenge to not spend anything. It really pushes your creativity and innovation. You have to actually think about the person and plan if you want to actually show that you care. This year, I'm not just picking up a bottle of whiskey on the way over or a tricket at the local gift shop but slaving over the oven baking cookies, making a full realized brunch and stuffing chicken breasts for a dinner. I feel busy and happy. I am putting in hard work that has tangible rewards. 

When I set out on this month, I really just wanted to get back to a financially stable place and I'm getting there but who knew it would shift my perspective. 

I've also been using my resources like crazy. I've been checking out tons of DVDs and books from the library for free. I've watched a lot of the little know Disney movies I haven't seen since I was really little and am working on a mega post that talks about each one and my thoughts and feelings.

This morning I watched Fantasia 2000 while curling up under Jake's electric blanket (actually I am still sitting here). I made cinnamon rolls and drank coffee and reflected on what has been a reflective week. Watching these short cartoons over famous pieces of music, I thought about inspiration and follow through on a dream. You listen to a piece of music and you have an idea and that is the easy part. The hardest part is moving from an idea to a reality. So on my weekly lazy Saturday, I am thinking about the hard work that I need to put in to where I need to go. I'm doing pushup three times a week to work towards being able to do diamond push ups. I'm planning camping trips and Canada trips and desert trips. I finding where to buy a rabbit.

So here is to having a dream and making it a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment