Monday, January 6, 2014

It Is So Hard.

One of my goals was to blog and at first that came really easy. While on vacation, there were so many things to write about. So many inspirations and revelations that would change the face of 28. Now, it is cold and the Christmas lights are down and my bank account is drained. So as I lay in bed, here are my reasons not to write:

  1. I need to write at my computer which means I can only do it on the couch because the laptop battery is fried and it has to be plugged in and writing on a tablet takes forever and forget writing on my phone and Jake is sitting where I need to sit.
  2. They might think what you are writing about is stupid.
  3. Writing about yourself is selfish and arrogant.
  4. I don't have anything to write about because I haven't crossed anything thing off and I really don't find value in writing about filling out my passport form while texting my mom about where my dad was born (Cincinnati).
  5. I need to be strategic about how often I post because I want people to read this because it feels good when people read this and when they bring it up and if I learned anything in my very expensive PR education it was that frequency and quality are the most important factors in developing a readership.
  6. Worry about who will read this is dumb.
  7. I am too tired.
And now here we are with all of that in the open. Tomorrow, I will post an update on my goals and share some additional hopes, dreams, and fears. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment