Sunday, January 19, 2014

Manufacturing.

I went shopping today at two different malls. It was 5 hours of no holds barred shopping extravaganza. In fact, I originally planned to see a movie with my friend Jenny in the middle of this but instead we just moved from mall one to mall two.

I am proud to say I didn't spend a dollar and there were quite a few sales even when 30% off this additional clearance price or 40% off everything or the $50 Macy's gift card in my pocket all calling my name. At first, it was overwhelming and Jenny was lovely by constantly checking in to make sure I was having fun. For the first hour, I felt like I was missing out. The clearance shirts at the Gap need to be tried on and bought.

Side note: I just watched HBO's new show "Looking" for the past half hour. I wrote the last two paragraphs and then I watched the show. Thank the Lord for HBO East and HBO West so I can watch shows earlier. Now "Girls" is on I am less invested in the TV. Back to "Looking" (I think this how you write about TV show titles grammatically) which left me feeling a bad about myself and invested in the characters and mad because of the fact that it perpetuates stereotypes and happy that it shattered others and glad that their was a Hercules and Love Affair song and like I need to go to the gym tomorrow and everyday so one describes me as portly. I wonder if this how women feel after watching "Girls".

Back to lack of shopping, it didn't happen but I did eat a whole box of Good and Fruity and decided I might be the sole reason why that manufacturer is in business. I bought them at the grocery store so they fit into the rules. I planned to be really introspective while I wrote this and I feel like I accomplished that in the first two paragraphs. Mainly, I feel like I don't have to just buy the shit because the shit is in front of me this includes hand sanitizer from the Body Shop, Auntie Anne's pretzels, clearance shirts at all stores that sell shirts, and chocolate from See's. Having to write list of things you wanted to buy but didn't buy is kind of humiliating.

As the sun sets on this weekend, I feel like I've accomplished more this weekend than last weekend. I didn't start knitting the Kindle cover. I walked to the library with Jake and the dog. We played a game called if we bought this house how would you edit it to make it livable. The dog was bad at walking.

This post was weird and long. I probably won't post it to Facebook but I like it because it is messy. I feel messy and happy. Spellcheck doesn't know Facebook or HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment