Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Disney Movie Reflection: The Lady and The Tramp

I didn't think I liked this movie. Here is what I remembered out it:
  1. There is a racist song about Siamese cats.
  2. There is a precious moment where dogs kiss accidentally while sharing spaghetti.
  3. There is a slutty dog whose fur covers one eye sexily and she sings some song about the Tramp being skank.
I was kind of putting off watching this one but work Amanda and I went to library and they had it on the shelf and I figured I should get it out of the way and I didn't have anything to watch the next Saturday morning.

So I woke up and followed my Saturday ritual (which I detail in my post about Pinocchio) and started the movie. This version had an opener with Diane Disney explaining her father's love of dogs and how elements were based on her father and mother's life so I was a little hooked.

Turns out this is a really good movie which should make sense since it is stacked between my two favorites (Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty). The story isn't as precious as I thought and there are some pretty funny lines snuck in that are aimed as adults including one dog trying to explain to another dog "the birds and the bees" and a lot of innuendo about the Tramp, who is named Butch, being a cad that is more tongue in cheek that prudish.

I liked this movie so much that I cheesily went in and grabbed Girlfriend from the bed and made her lay with me. Being a dog person, I was significantly more invested in this movie than I was in the Aristocats which I watched first and would be released five films later. My major take away was that I want a Scotty dog who I will name kilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment