Thursday, January 2, 2014

Breaking It Down.

As a coach, I know that the best way to accomplish goals is to break them down into smaller pieces in order to manage them. This hard when you have 29 goals to accomplish and most of them have tiny pieces that need to be managed. Today, I am breaking down the steps I can take now to ensure success and walking away with a to do list:

Things I did:
  • Save $300 in a Christmas fund and Put money in a savings account aside from my Christmas fund, possibly using the week in the year method
    • I sent a Facebook message to one of my former tellers who works as the assistant manager at the local credit union. I am going to set up two savings accounts with them and have a certain amount transferred from each pay check to those accounts in order to save.
  • Email my grandma 4 times
    • I've added into my work outlook 6 lunches that I need to sit at my desk and write my Grandma an email. I didn't do it today because I just got home from seeing her and just mailed her a thank you card.
Things to do:
  • Get a passport
    • I need to print off the paperwork and fill out the application.
    • I need to see if my friend Katie can take a picture of me that would satisfy the passport requirement.
  • Get my oil changed 4 times
    • I need to find a coupon for Oil Can Henry's.
    • When I get paid on Tuesday, I need to make it a priority to get my oil changed.
    • I need to find someone who will go with me to get my oil changed because it makes me nervous everytime.
  • Mail cards to my mom, dad, brother, grandma and grandpa for their birthdays and Mother's/Father's day
    • I have a $5 gift card for the Dollar Tree. I need to take this and get 5 birthday cards for my five family members. I will then address the cards and leave them in my desk but will fill them out closer to the birthday.
    • I need to buy a pack of 10 stamps. The post office is just a block away from work.
  • Make some sort of fermented beverage
    • I have decided on making kombucha. I can get the SCOBY from Amanda. I need to research what kind of tea I need and any other instructions that I need to follow.
    • I need to get distilled water.
  • Hit my goal weight
    • I need to charge my Up band.

No comments:

Post a Comment