Sunday, January 12, 2014

Being Still.

My goal this weekend was to feel like I'd made significant progress on the things in life that didn't cost money. I wanted to start a knitting progress or working on teaching Girlfriend a new trick or finish my book. I had grand visions of a posting an update this weekend about making progress on goals and being successful and grabbing life by the balls. Instead, I watched a Disney movie and bought the tea to make kombucha. I worked out, grocery shopped, made meals for the week, and saw some friends.

As I wait for Girls to premier, I can't help but feel a little lazy. I know I should tell you how it is about baby steps and how maybe I just needed a weekend to relax and recharge. I'd be lying. I want accomplishment things and feel heroic and adventurous.

When work Amanda and I were talking about the no spending months, I remember saying that I wanted to learn to be still. I know after this weekend I can do that but also that that isn't who I am. So I move into the next week with the goal of making some progress. Not letting creative hang ups cause me to be paralyzed on the coach and figuring out what I am going to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment