Monday, February 3, 2014

Month One Update

This post began and a list of accomplishments and progress. I took an hour to write it and published it for about 20 minutes. No one saw it because I can track that and then I just thought on it. I just tucked the idea of reflection in the back of my head for the day and while I had a great day Super Bowl Sunday I reflected on reflection.

What is the point of reflection? I think this is really individual. For me, I need to process what ever just happened into something I can move forward from. So what has happened in my first month as being a 28 year old?

First, I haven't been spending and I plan to write a lot about that on Friday. It is liberating and stressful and peaceful and debilitating.

Second, I've consumed a lot of media.I've watched a lot of Disney movies and enjoyed most of them. The serve as references points in what I want to be and what I don't want to be. You can read more in this post on Chicken Little and this post on Robin Hood, Mulan, Snow White, the Aristocats and the Emperor's New Groove. I also finished a long book which you can read about here. I also made an awesome Spotify playlist and listened to three CDs my friend Brad made me.

Third, I spend genuine time with people. There were a lot less actions and a lot more connecting. It is strange what happens when you are doing something but actually just engaging. When the purpose isn't to get the thing but walk around and really connect.

Fourth, I bought a plane ticket to Florida which I plan to write a lot more about as it gets closer but just know this is a big deal for me for a bunch of reasons.

I haven't climbed any mountains and I haven't gone to Canada and I haven't eat the bunny and I haven't camped in the rain but looking back at a month that could have been really stressful I feel good. I have this sense of peace that I don't often feel. February I want to push my comfort zone a little more and get a little dirty.


No comments:

Post a Comment